The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation (EWVCF) and its affiliates work with donors who have established nearly four dozen scholarships with awards ranging from $500 to $5,000 annually. In 2020, the Foundation awarded over $100,000 in scholarships to high-achieving students in the Eastern Panhandle. (Review a list of our 2020 Scholarship awardees here: 2020 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS)
Beginning with the 2021 scholarship season, we are moving to an online application system using AwardSpring. For application details, go to our How To Apply page.
Use the following links to see descriptions of the scholarships offered by the Community Foundation:
- November – Our online application goes live.
- February 26th – Applications are Due. No Exceptions. The system will not accept applications after midnight.
- March/April – Our committees review applications and conduct interviews for certain scholarships.
- May – We will notify applicants only if they’ve been selected to receive a scholarship.
- June 15 – Recipients must submit a completed scholarship acceptance form before we can process their scholarship for payment.
- July – Scholarship awards are mailed to schools (made payable to the school to benefit the recipient).
For more information about our scholarship program, download Scholarships – Frequently Asked Questions