2022-23 Hampshire Mini-Grants to Teachers
The Hampshire Community Foundation (HCCF) is offering Mini-Grants to Teachers in Hampshire County. These Mini-Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to teachers who need financial assistance with special projects, materials, or classroom resources.
The program is designed to provide funding support for teachers to enhance the learning experience for students. Mini-Grants can be used to purchase supplies and materials for special projects and programs and provide resources for the classroom that are not covered by school/central office sources or other means.
Who Can Apply?
All Hampshire County Public School Pre-k – 12 teachers, including WVSD&B teachers, are invited to apply for a Mini-Grant. Public schools are defined as being supported by public funds and are part of the free public education system. Any school that charges tuition to students is not eligible.
NOTE: If you received a grant last year and have not yet submitted a report, please do so before applying for another grant. You may complete your report here.
Keep in mind…
- Please be thorough in your explanation and clearly state how the funding will impact students, promote creative teaching opportunities, and/or enhance classroom experiences. You can request examples of well-structured applications by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant requests that are part of a larger project without confirmed funding will not be considered.
- Grants cannot be used for projects already completed or materials already purchased.
- All grant recipients are expected to report on the expenditure of grant funds and results of the supported project by the end of the school year (extensions may be requested).
Submitting Your Application and Notification
We are now using a web-based application, located below.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 23rd.
Award notification will be made in late October. We are hopeful we can do an in-person presentation and celebration of your efforts and successes in the HHS auditorium. Tentative Date – October 19th.
If you have any questions, please call 304-822-7200, or email email@example.com.
(Note: if you start an application and need to return to it later, please use the “save and continue later” button below, and then scroll down and enter your e-mail address where prompted. This way, we will also have a copy of the link to your application.)
Reporting and Other Documents
Not sure if you need to file with the WV Secretary of State? Check out this WV SOS Charitable Registration Statement
Social Media – spread the good news!
We’d like to publicize your work! If your organization uses Facebook:
- Like us on Facebook
- Post your media release and any photos on your page and tag us in your message by adding @Hampshire County Community Foundation.
- We will then share it on our page as well.
If your organization does not use social media, now is a great time to consider jumping on board and sharing news with your network!