Estate planners, financial consultants, trust officers, and other professional advisors are often asked to suggest the best vehicles for charitable giving. The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation can help your clients connect with causes they care about most while respecting their privacy, values, and autonomy. When your clients give through the community foundation, they…
Receive personalized service. We work closely with you and your clients to develop a giving approach that matches their personal interests and tax planning needs. We can help integrate charitable giving within estate and financial plans, establish Donor Advised Funds named for your clients, facilitate anonymous giving, and assist with even the most complex gift instruments.
Build endowment that matters. Working together, our local community will benefit for years to come with funds created by your clients. Discussing charity with your clients adds to your expertise as a professional advisor and adds to the range of services you provide.
Support community leadership. We invest in the long term and bring people and organizations together, convening diverse voices to address local issues and opportunities. Our business is building community.
The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation is a single, trusted vehicle your clients can use to address the issues they care about most, while gaining maximum tax benefits. Through us, you can recommend charity without specifying a charity.
Here are seven questions for estate and financial advisors to help qualify your clients to work within the Community Foundation :
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in our community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but are concerned about the cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation. We would be pleased to help you introduce them to the Community Foundation.