The Hampshire County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation, was founded in 2005 to build local endowment and make annual grant and scholarship distributions to qualifying charities and applicants. Grants are made possible by the generosity of donors who are committed to local philanthropy and our quality of life in Hampshire County.
We know the pandemic caused great stress on many organizations, and that many may still be experiencing residual effects. This grant program is designed to help organizations A) continue pandemic response, B) return to normal programming, or C) introduce new programming. Grants of up to $1000 will be awarded.
Hampshire County Fall Grants Guidelines
Applications will be considered for organizations serving Hampshire County in the following areas: Animal Welfare, Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community & Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Health & Wellness, and Human Services.
Eligible Organizations must be:
- A nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS,
- A government/quasi-governmental agency, or public school applying for a project that is not funded by tax revenue,
- A religious organization requesting funding for non-sectarian activities, or
- A civic group that is not a 501(c)(3) organization requesting funding for a charitable community cause
- Be located in and/or primarily serve residents of Hampshire County;
Application Period and Grant Notification:
Applications must be submitted by September 17th, 2021. We will notify grantees by mid-October and present grant awards at our Spirit of Giving event on October 27th, 2021.
Reporting: A final report, including a summary of grant expenses, must be provided to the Community Foundation upon completion of the funded program or by June 30th, 2022. Extensions may be allowed upon request.
501(c)(3) organizations must be in good standing with:
- West Virginia Secretary of State’s Business & Licensing and also the Charities Division: http://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/corporations/ & https://sos.wv.gov/business/Pages/Charities.aspx
- IRS, as assessed via IRS Pub 78 and GuideStar:
https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/ & https://www.guidestar.org
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (304)-822-7200 with any questions or concerns. We’re happy to talk through a project idea with you.
Please submit this Application on or before September 17th.