The Hampshire County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation, was founded in 2005 to build local endowment and make annual grant and scholarship distributions to qualifying charities and applicants. Grants are made possible by the generosity of donors who are committed to local philanthropy and improving the quality of life in Hampshire County.
The Community Foundation competitive grants program supports a wide range of community interests and programs, including: Animal Welfare, Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community & Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Mental and Physical Health & Wellness, and Human Services. Programs that promote community connectiveness, celebrate diversity, and promote equity and inclusion are encouraged. Funds making these grants possible include the Hampshire county Community Impact Fund and the William Brady and Jean Taylor Rannells Fund.
Funding Amount: Requests of up to $1,000 will be considered.
Eligible Organizations: The Hampshire County Community Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations located in and/or providing direct benefits to Hampshire County residents.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS,
- A government/quasi-governmental agency, or public school applying for a project that is not funded by taxrevenue,
- A religious organization requesting funding for non-sectarian activities, or
- A civic group that is not a 501(c)(3) organization requesting funding for a charitable community cause
Required Financial Information for 501(c)(3) Organizations
Applications must include financial information for the organization as a whole, and in addition:
- Applicants with charitable contributions over $300,000 but less than $500,000 must provide the most recent financial review performed by an independent certified public accountant.
- Applicants with charitable contributions over $500,000 must provide the most recent audit performed by an independent certified public accountant.
- IRS Form 990 if the organization’s income is greater than $50,000
In addition, 501(c)(3) organizations must be in good standing with:
- West Virginia Secretary of State’s Business & Licensing and also the Charities Division:
- IRS, as assessed via IRS Pub 78 and GuideStar:
Application Period – January 20th – March 10th
Grant Notification – Grantees will be notified by mid-April
Reporting : A final report, including a summary of grant expenses, must be provided to the Community Foundation upon completion of the funded program or by December 15th, 2023. Extensions may be allowed upon request.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We’re happy to talk through a project idea with you. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (304) 822-7200.